If ‘VBA is forever’ and MS are ‘fully committed to it for the foreseeable future’.
And bearing in the mind the IDE has not been touched in 10 years (10 years FFS – what were you doing 10 years ago?). (I am not counting getting the mousewheel to work in 2007 – sorry)
What improvements can we expect in Office 14? Or more realistically, what improvements would you like to see?
Here is mine:
- Please please please – no dumbassed ribbon
- Please – no breaking VBA ‘improvements’ (parameterised constructors would be ok)
- Please – no unrealistic deployment requirements.
- code snippets
- Procedures in the project explorer
- Tabbed editor
- Perhaps a VSTA style editor, but writing proper VBA.
- window docking that is controllable
Of course it will continue to be challenging for us devs to believe MS has any commitment to VBA if the IDE is left to stagnate.
What would you like to see?
Do you think there will be any useful changes whatsoever?