I could take a cheap shot at MS for their lack of commitment to user extension of Office in recent times, but I get the feeling that may be changing. So I’ll save the digs until I know more.
Interesting to note the linked article uses the example of converting from one unit to another – anyone with a decent spreadsheet app (eg: Excel, Gnumeric, OOo Calc) could of course use the inbuilt ‘CONVERT’ function. Doesn’t Google have that?
So some questions:
- Do you think powerful user customisation is good or bad? and why?
- Do you think Microsoft have shown a lack of love for this user customisation?
- Do you use Google docs for important or critical data/calcs?
(soz about lack of posts – family holidays, no internet, you know the score)
oh and my answers
- Good in general, unmanaged it leads to a risky mess.
- Yep for sure
- nope, in fact I feel bad that I havent bothered with any of this cloud fluff