Well folks there has been a really positive response so we are game on for an event towards the end of Jan in Londonium.
I will sort out a more detailed draft agenda as things settle down with the speakers, but to give you some idea…
The following topic areas are likely to make it into the agenda
- Excel Business Intelligence
- PowerPivot and DAX
- Migrating from VBA to ExcelDNA with VB.net
- Effective Excel Add-ins with VSTO
- Technology independent software development
- Beer and chips (and gravy)
- Practical advice on commercialising your add-ins/workbooks.
- Various approaches to XLL development
- Excel and XML
- Chess boxing
- Quick tips for effective VBA use.
- Programming paradigms and how they can help or hinder, a history lesson
- My snowboarding holiday
- A smart way to build spreadsheets
I am hoping the broad agenda will attract a diverse set of delegates…
Please start spreading the word: UK Excel conference Jan 2012 London…
I still need to sort a venue, but I am aiming for one day the week ending Fri 27th, probably the Tue or Wed.
Our friends at Microsoft have generously donated some gifts which we will give away on the day in return for cleverest question, dumbest question, nicest biscuits, most beer drunk, that sort of thing.
This event is specifically targeted at the more technical audience. The plan is to have a follow up event in July in Madchester. That event will be more user oriented and less developer oriented.
If you have any other suggestions for topics please let us know below.