I finally found a few quiet minutes to upload the speaker presentations from the recent xl dev conf.
Full details are here
Many thanks to the speakers for their hard work.
Thanks too to conference sponsors F1F9, if ever you need additional financial modelling fire power or many other related activities, give them a shout.
And a big thank you to all the attendees, I was delighted by both the number of people and the willingness to question and discuss.
In order to improve future events I would like to ask to feedback, both from attendees and non attendees, so here are a few questions, please copy and paste them into an email and fill in your answers and send to me.
If you didn’t attend I would be interested to know why. If you are going to suggest location as a reason for not attending please say how near to your house the event would need to be for you to attend, or what the agenda would need to include for you to be prepared to travel. And also if you would be willing to join in if it had been live on-line instead.
- Where did you hear about the event?
- What did you think of the venue?
- please rate and comment on the presenters on presentation skill and usefulness of presentation content
- What do you feel was missing from the event either logistics or content
- would you come again?
- anything else you would like to share with the conference organisers or speakers.
I am now in the process of organising an event in Manchester in July, along similar lines but perhaps targeted at intermediate to advanced users rather than developers. more on that later.